Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Banana Muffin Recipe

Time for the first recipe of this blog! Today we're talking a clean-eating banana muffin recipe. I myself have always loved banana bread, and so this recipe is a great healthy alternative as well as an easy breakfast to grab and go. I've been looking for a flourless muffin recipe for awhile now because I've been wanting to try coconut flour and almond flour, as a substitute for all-purpose flour, but I already have quite a bit in my pantry that I should use before buying more groceries. And to be quite honest, I'm not a huge fan of whole wheat flour; I'll eat it, but it isn't my favorite. And I don't believe in forcing yourself to eat something just because it's healthy. You should be enjoying what you're eating! I personally really look forward to my meals, not just because I'm hungry, but because I've found a lot of healthy foods that I really like and I know are good for my body. That being said, I hope you like this recipe! The muffins are super easy to make, don't require many ingredients, and are completely guilt-free. They also freeze well; I went on a vacation for a week and I wasn't able to eat all the muffins I made so my mom put them in the freezer while we were gone and when we came back and thawed them, they were just as good as they were when we had left! All in all, I'm really glad that I discovered this recipe and gave it a try, I hope you do too!

Here are the ingredients you'll need:

2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats

1 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt

 2 eggs

1/2 cup honey

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

2 TBSP ground flax seed

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 bananas

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the tin with non-stick cooking spray or line your muffin tins with silicone or foil liners.

2. Place the oats in a food processor and process for about ten seconds. Add all of the remaining ingredients into the processor.

3. Continue processing until everything is evenly mixed together and the oats are smooth.

4. Spoon out your batter into the cupcake liners and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Here's how mine turned out:



YUM.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment