Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Matcha Green Tea (Starbucks Order)

Alrighty, this is going to be a super short post about my what I've been getting from Starbucks, as I've been getting a lot of questions about my order. I figured it'd be a good idea to post the order here on my blog so that it will be an easy place to reference for those who are interested in trying it out! So what I've been ordering is a matcha green tea, which looks like this:


This is a trenta, the largest drink size, but the order can be made in any size. So what I ask for when I order is, "A trenta water with four scoops of matcha" and that's all, super simple! But that's just my order for those who have been asking. You can of course get a smaller size, especially if you just want to try it out. Here are the number of scoops in proportion to the different sizes:

Size - number of scoops of matcha

Tall (12 oz) - 1 scoop
Grande (16 oz) - 2 scoops
Venti (24 oz) - 3 scoops
Trenta (30 oz) - 4 scoops

Basically what they charge you for in this order is the matcha itself, as they just ring you up for a cup of water and pressing the "add matcha" button, which is a flat rate of $0.80 cents no matter how many scoops you get! Also you can order the drink either hot or cold, just make sure to specify if you want it made with hot water or if you want it iced. So I've really been enjoying getting this eighty cent drink every day, as I know it's helping to boost my metabolism, and it's extremely refreshing and tasty as well! Others have been trying out this order, and have really been liking it to my surprise! Sometimes I wonder if healthy things taste good to everyone, or if I've just convinced myself that they taste good because I know it's good for me! Like to be honest, the first time I tried this I really didn't like it, but then it grew on me really fast and I don't know why! Haha all I know is that I'm addicted now, it's that good to me. I'm really glad that I discovered this order, as it gives me something to look forward to everyday. The venti size is supposed to be equivalent to drinking 10 cups of matcha, and so the trenta size I get is equivalent to 10+, which is awesome because it only takes 3-6 cups of green tea to boost your metabolism. Also matcha green tea is more beneficial for your health than regular green tea, because it contains the grounds of the whole leaf, whereas in regular green tea you are just steeping the leaves and therefore are not drinking the nutrients that are not water-soluble. So with all of these benefits, I think it's definitely worth it's eighty cents! I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment