Saturday, February 21, 2015

Sweet Potato Fries Recipe

Today I'm going to share the recipe for what I think is my favorite healthy meal that I've tried so far: sweet potato fries! They're pretty easy to make, they're filling, they're baked instead of fried, and all of the ingredients cost me less than two dollars (and I only made half this recipe, which still made 2-3 servings!), so I could easily see myself making these when I'm in college! Here's how mine turned out:


(Sidenote: This wasn't the whole batch, I gave some to my brother before I took this picture, haha)

And now for the recipe!

Ingredients

- 2 Sweet Potatoes (1 lb each)
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tbsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
-1/8 tsp Paprika

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 450

2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil (tip: I like to use baking sheets with edges so I don't have to worry about the fries falling off when it's time to take them out of the oven)

3. Wash and peel your sweet potatoes, then cut them into 1/4" fries

4. Put the potatoes into a large bowl and drizzle them in oil. Add in the spices and mix all of it together, making sure to coat every fry with oil and the spices

5. Spread the fries out on the baking sheet (if you want them extra crispy, try to have them spread apart so that they aren't touching each other)

6. Bake for 20 minutes, turning the fries occasionally or until crisp.

Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment